Share Love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

night owls and early birds
 
Well, we, humans, are biological animals. Like any other animals, we, too, need to have rest and sleep. Every one of us sleep at a different time. Some of us might be night owls whereas some might be the early worms. Many of us have a tendency to rise early while the rest of us have a tendency to stay up late at night and wake up later in the mornings, as well.
 
 
Reason of Different Sleep Patterns
 
It isn’t entirely your fault. Rather, it’s partially your genes’ fault, too. If you’re constantly blaming yourself for always being unable to wake up early, do it. You can blame your parents for that. Our ancestry shows that, there were two different types of people in our family – earlier when we used to hunt down animals for food. There were those who stayed up all night to make sure their family members aren’t attacked by nocturnal predators and yet, there were those who wake up early to hunt down prey for their family. So, it’s entirely true that your sleep patterns are predetermined by the genes you carry.


 
 
Our body has a 24hr clock called a circadian rhythm clock. Thanks, to the earth’s 24hrs rotation, it’s of 24hrs, too. Some of us have a circadian clock which is longer than 24hrs -these are the night-owls. And then there are those who circadian clock is of less than 24hrs- which are early birds.
 
A majority of 30% among people who can easily claim of either being a night owl or an early worm claim that they are night owls. While the rest 70% can’t decide if they are night owls or early birds. This was the report of a study conducted by Aachen University.
 

PROS AND CONS OF BOTH: NIGHT-OWLS AND EARLY BIRDS

1. Health 

“Early to Rise and Early to Bed Makes A Man Healthy, Wealthy and Wise.” This is what we’ve been listening our entire lives. This has been engraved in our minds. And because of this very notion, we’ve built a tendency to wake up and go to bed early to make sure that we don’t miss out our day-to-day 9-5 routine. People who neglect going to bed early and wake up early, often are unable to synchronize themselves with the 9-5 routine.
 
According to Dr. Phyllis Zee, it’s vital for your body to get the quality amount of light between the hours of 8 and 12 a.m. Failing to do so might have an effect on the circadian rhythms which determine our energy level as well as our sleep cycle. This impacts metabolism negatively and thus, ultimately, can cause obesity.
 
And furthermore, early birds are less likely to indulge in smoking and addiction and boozing and late-night partying than night owls. They have 33% more chance of being exposed to nicotine, addiction and alcohol.owls and owls
 
insomnia
Night owls have a higher rate of having insomnia. In a study done among 700 people at Brown University, 40% people who were night owls had insomnia while that number was just 20% of the early birds.
 
Apart from this, early risers get enough time to work out regularly in the morning. They even get to see the morning Apocalypse- lol. Just Kidding.


Share Love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •